- Inauguration Ceremony
of New Shrine-Chapel: April 20-22, 2012
Click here for detailed report.
Click here for photos.
- General Information
- Ground Breaking Ceremony - Oct 15, 2010
- Project Timeline
- November 2011: Heating and Ventilation duct work, the electrical connections, plumbing are completed. Siding work outside and the sprinkler system installation are also completed. Acoustic and Video system wiring is also done. The elevator installation completed. The front porch construction is progressing as well. Most of the windows have already been placed. Internal walls are being put up.
- October 2011: Heating and Ventilation duct work, the electrical connections, plumbing is in different stages of completion. The sprinkler system installation is completed. Acoustic and Video system wiring is also in progress. The elevator installation has begun and it is continuing. The front porch construction is progressing as well. A few windows have already been placed. Siding work outside the building began.
- September 2011: Heating and Ventilation duct work, the electrical connections, plumbing is in progress. Acoustic and Video system wiring will begin soon. The elevator parts have arrived and the installation is yet to begin.
- July 2011: Construction work of the New Chapel /extension is progressing as per
plans & schedules. As of Jul 18, almost all the steel is up, and
decking is in place. The floor-concreting, roofing, and putting studs/
walls etc – all expected to be completed by Aug 31. The interior works
will then begin. We are looking forward to your continued support and
contribution for the successful completion of this big stride in the
glorious history of the Vedanta Movement in New England as we move into
the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.
- June 2011: As of May 16, Masonry work for the elevator well, side-stair-case and
the front wall is finished.. Steel frame-work has started and should be
done by early June. Related works are going on simultaneously. Overall,
things are as per schedule.
- May 2011: As
of April 18, the foundation work is complete; Masonry work for the
elevator well, side-stair-case and the front wall is in progress. Steel
frame-work will be starting by early May and should be done by May 25.
Some other works are going on simultaneously.
- April 2011: As of Mar 16, the major foundation work is complete; by the end of
April, the steel structure and some walls are expected to be finished.
- February 2011: The old building at 221 Angell Street, which served mainly as the
women’s guest house, was demolished in late December 2010. The
administrative process of combining the two plots of land (221 &227
Angell St) is now complete. The existing chapel building is currently
being worked on to prepare it for extension. In a couple of weeks, the
foundation-work is expected to start.
Photos of New Construction
- January - February, 2012
- December 01 - December 30, 2011
- November 16 - November 30, 2011
- November 01 - November 15, 2011
- October 16 - October 31, 2011
- October 01 - October 15, 2011
- September 16 - September 30, 2011
- September 01 - September 15, 2011
- August 13 - August 31, 2011
- July 26 - August 12, 2011
- July 11 - July 25, 2011
- June 21 - July 09, 2011
- May 26 - June 17, 2011
- May 09 - May 25, 2011
- April 21 - May 05, 2011
- April 07 - April 20, 2011
- March 17 - April 06, 2011
- Dec.2010 - Feb. 2011